Agostinho Villela has worked in IT for over 35 years, with extensive leadership and hands-on experience in both software (systems and application) and hardware.
He is currently the CTO and Engineering VP of Scala Data Centers, reporting to the CEO and member of the company’s Executive Committee.
In addition, Agostinho is Scala's Sustainabiity Ambassador.
Agostinho was previously an IBM Distinguished Engineer, IBM Latin America Innovation Director, and IBM Innovation Studio WW Co-CTO.
His accomplishments include:
* Founder of the IBM Brazil Garage innovation lab.
* Founder and leader of the 5G Brazil Telecommunications Solutions Lab
* IBM WW representative at TIP (Telecom Infra Project).
* IBM Academy of Technology (AoT) WW Geo Leader.
* IBM Quantum Ambassador.
* IBM Senior Cross-systems IT Specialist.
* Co-founder of Automatos, an IT asset management company.
* Co-founder of Solvo, an IT infrastructure services company.
* Co-author of a patent w/ the US PTO on cybersecurity (device fingerprinting) and another patent on caching for voice-based assistants.
* Mentor at the Endeavor NGO.
* Visiting professor on Rapid Innovation at Fundação Dom Cabral Business School.
* Co-author of an IBM Redbook on distributed computing.